At Gulf States Credit Union we believe in keeping choices simple. We offer one basic type of checking:
- No minimum balance or monthly fee
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Free Internet Banking
- Bill Pay
- Free VISA Debit Card. Apply Now.
- Overdraft Privilege Program
- Monthly Account Statements
- Direct Deposits and Payroll Deduction Available
Concerned about how to move your checking from your other bank to Gulf States? Check out our Switch Kit!
To open your Gulf States Checking Account visit our office or apply now.
It’s free – Yes, our debit cards don’t come with a monthly fee.
It’s fast – Forget the hassles of dealing with change or writing checks.
It’s easy – Track purchases on your monthly statement and in Internet Banking for easy budget management.
It’s safe – Visa security and protection benefits help prevent, detect and resolve fraud.
- Shop Online wherever Visa cards are accepted and have the funds deducted from your checking account.
- Get Cash Back when you make purchases at point-of-sale machines at most retailers.
- Use It Instead of Cash or Checks anywhere Visa cards are accepted.
- Make Deposits, Withdrawals and Transfers
- Carry Only One Card for everything
- Acts like a Visa, Check and ATM Card
- Mobile Wallet available for iPhone and Samsung
Just 3 easy steps to get started:
- Check to make sure your card is eligible (check eligibility).
- Register your mobile device and email to receive Visa Purchase Alerts.
Choose the notification trigger that match your needs. You’ll get real-time text or email alerts based on your selected criteria.
You’re covered by the extra protection of Visa
NOTE: Your Gulf States VISA Debit card will not work outside of the US.
If your VISA debit card is lost or stolen report it immediately. During business hours call the credit union directly at (407) 831-8844 and after hours call (800) 453-4270.
OVERDRAFT PRIVILEGE PROGRAM
A $500 overdraft privilege is available to all checking accounts once they have been open and in good standing for at least 30 days for personal accounts and 60 days for business accounts. This program will pay up to $500, after first extracting the fee stated on the fee schedule, if you inadvertently overdraw your account. This program helps save you the embarrassment and inconvenience of a returned item as well as the fee normally charged to you by merchants for items returned to them.
Important Information Regarding Overdrafts and Your Account -Debit Authorization — A temporary hold affects your account balance
OPT IN Now for Overdraft Protection on debit and ATM transactions.
SHARED BRANCHING NETWORK
We now have the power of over 5,000 branches nationwide through our credit union shared services network.
SURCHARGE FREE ATM NETWORK
We now have over 50,000 ATM terminals from which members can access their funds without incurring a transaction surcharge fee. Check out all the locations citywide, statewide and nationwide!
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government, NCUA, National Credit Union Administration, A U.S. government agency. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and Equal Credit Opportunity Act.